Be careful what you wish for!

    I am going to be no picture dealer. Fresh from my triumph when my purchase of a picture at Art Jerico was echoed by the Keeper of Western Art, I left a bid for a stack of pictures at Mallams. Should I have been warned by the bonfire arrangement, the lack of a lot number, I surely should have been.

    So be careful what you wish for - my bid was successful, indeed it was the only bid! Very expectant friend, who had collected said lot, and was very taken aback by the quantity, started out perched on edge of seat with excitement and was reduced to lying on seat groaning no ,no, surely not...... Oh dear, severe loss of face. But some are not so bad, very retro-chic, very shabby chic, very very suitable for a kitchen gallery.......

    BUT, and there is a tiny shining but .... the mirror purchased for a song at Willingham Auctions, sold at Mallams for a `boarding out of the attic'. A major triumph as I had not intended to buy it in the first place but waved a bacon butty at entirely the wrong moment. After tripping over it for some months I offered it to a friend who then forgot to collect it, so I bunged it in to the auction. It took them some time to convince me it sold for what it did!. So this must be the trick, buy something by accident and try to give it away - perfect credentials for a picture dealer.





Post Title

Be careful what you wish for!


Post URL

http://guidice-galleries.blogspot.com/2009/10/be-careful-what-you-wish-for.html


Visit guidice galleries for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive