Hens Dancing

    Well I suppose it was only a matter of time before things began to look like Mark Hearld's picture below.....................This is the good life -well I do have the dungerees!!!!!! Now where shall I put that goat?

    Four point of lay chickens have arrived, one Black Rock, one Columbian Blacktail and two Rhode Island Hybrids.
    These little ones, Sneezewort and Gilbert (don't ask) have not got their red combs yet......


    and seem to spend a lot of time dozing in the sun................ This amazing chicken run was created from a neighbours unwanted rabbit run and gleanings from the skips at the end of the road. Even acquired a gate to go across the path- no one will go out with me anymore! Anyway I had the full attention of an absolutely expert `bodger' who has done a fantastic job.

    The Black Rock and the Blacktail are obviously the boss birds and are now laying. They are also excavating a vast hole and chasing worms with deadly intent, they seem very determined to live it up. All of them are totally unafraid and have taken a great deal of interest in my attempts to secure the silver birch and the apple tree from their ambition to create a series of dust-baths.
    Hopefully the wild hedge has grown sufficiently to resist their digger obsession!

    Brown speckled eggs seem the most I can hope for, shame..........





Post Title

Hens Dancing


Post URL

http://guidice-galleries.blogspot.com/2010/04/hens-dancing.html


Visit guidice galleries for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive