Homes and Gardens

    Well this is how gardening should be. Paintings by Henry Tonks from the early 20th century - to be seen at an exhibition at the Geffrye Museum in London called A Garden Within Doors - which goes on until 25 July.
    Not my outfit of choice for `doing' the garden, and I tend to be falling over chickens not parrots,but in my opinion you cannot beat a good pair of dungerees; this lady is missing out.


    The cherry tree is absolutely beautiful, especially set against a clear blue sky and the bronze leafed pink blossomed version next door. About to send off the details to the Natural History Museum's Cherry Tree Survey - see their web-site.




    Well, I am rather going for allotment chic, watch this space. I fear the flowers will outnumber the vegetables, but every space is going to be crammed full. Lots of herbs, lots of salads,tomatoes, beans, zinnia (!), cosmos, a cutting patch, and so on and so on. The chickens think they are locked outside paradise and each time I open the gate they try to rush me. Well they are going to have to rough it in the mini orchard - a couple of weeks with me and they have delusions. The very idea, an egg a day between four is no reason for an up-grade! I blame it on their night-time reading of TheMail and The Telegraph, The Guardian and The Observer having run out (my dinner guests bring old newspapers instead of wine!).






Post Title

Homes and Gardens


Post URL

http://guidice-galleries.blogspot.com/2010/04/homes-and-gardens.html


Visit guidice galleries for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive