Loose in London Part I

    Out of bed with a spring in my step and a song on my lips (ok there is absolutely no similarity but doesn't she look as if she is having fun). Anyway with a slightly lesser spring in my step.... off to London. To the V & A to see an exhibition of fakes and forgeries and the new Renaissance and Medieval Galleries. The fakes exhibition was fascinating, and I suspect many of us had a more than sneaking admiration for the lengths that the fakers will go to in establishing provenance, and their sheer skill.

    The Medieval and Renaissance Galleries are a major success, three floors, beautifully displayed and with an outside section drawing on the Great Court at the British Museum.




    A medieval French staircase.

    Antiquities are complimented by the fabulous modern ironwork screens below made by Wendy Ramshaw who presumably made the gates I photographed earlier at Clare College in Cambridge.



    And so, with tired feet, its off to bed.............


    A glorious 15th century stained glass panel - some things don't change.





Post Title

Loose in London Part I


Post URL

http://guidice-galleries.blogspot.com/2010/01/loose-in-london-part-i.html


Visit guidice galleries for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive